Are you looking for a local cycling challenge which takes in the beauty of the North of England?
Why not choose to organise a self-guided tour of the Coast to Coast (C2C) Cycle Route in aid of St Cuthbert’s Hospice?
The route starts in Whitehaven, Cumbria and travels through the Northern Lakes (Lake District), east, crossing the Pennine Hills and following the River Tyne to the North East Coast.
- Superb views throughout the journey
- Lake District
- Pennine Hills
- The Wakerley Way
Make sure to dip your bike in the water at Whitehaven and again upon completion of the route at Tynemouth. The route is just under 140 miles long.
It is suggested that you complete the route over 3/5 days, with many cyclists breaking up their route into the following sections:
- Whitehaven – Penrith (53 miles)
- Penrith to Stanhope (44miles)
- Stanhope to Tynemouth (38 miles)
Where: North East England – Whitehaven (North West) to Tynemouth (North East) or Workington (North West to Sunderland (North East)
When: This would be a self-guided challenge, therefore you can organise this for a date which suits you.
* Whilst St Cuthbert’s Hospice are not able to help organise your route, transport or accommodation, our team is on hand to offer advice and support. We can also supply you with Hospice T-shirts and sponsorship forms to help fundraise for St Cuthbert’s Hospice.
Get in touch
If you would be interested in taking on the C2C and need any support or advice, please do contact the Community and Events Team on 0191 386 1170 ext. 5 or email email@example.com