Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to any UK charity.
It is a scheme administered by the Inland Revenue which allows us to claim 25p for every £1 that you donate. So, for example, if you donate £20 we can claim an extra £5, making your kind gift worth £25.
And best of all, it doesn’t cost you a thing – all you need to do is complete a Gift Aid declaration!
Sign up to Gift Aid to boost your donation
Please notify the Fundraising Department should
- You change your name or address.
- Your circumstances change and you no longer pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax, at least be equal to the amount of tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year.
- You wish to leave the scheme.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
We have a separate sign up process so that we can claim Gift Aid for any items that you donate to our charity shops. And it’s easy to do.
- When you donate your items to your local St Cuthbert’s charity shop please ask a member of the team for a Gift Aid form.
- Complete the short and easy form (we just need your contact details and signature).
- We will give you a Gift Aid card with your unique Donor ID number on it.
Simply use that unique number for all future donations.