When you donate items to St Cuthbert’s Hospice shops, we turn your kindness into care. Every single item sold in our charity shops raises much-needed funds which help us to provide compassionate care to all who need us in the local community.
Many people also sign up to the Gift Aid scheme so that we can claim an additional 25% of the sale value of your items at no additional cost to you.
We gratefully accept:
- Clothing, shoes, accessories and jewellery
- Homeware / bric-a-brac
- Books, games, jigsaws, CDs, DVDs
- Children’s games and toys
- Selected working small electrical items
- Small items of furniture (our Meadowfield Furniture Store can accept larger items and may be able to collect these from you)
Unfortunately there are some items we are unable to accept, either for health and safety reasons, due to changes we have had to make in our shops because of COVID-19, or because our shops no longer sell them.
We cannot accept:
- Medical equipment
- Furniture without the attached fire regulations label
- White goods, small appliances, heating and cooking items such as gas appliances, oil heaters and oil filled radiators
- Children’s safety equipment or car seats
- Mattresses, duvets and pillows
If you are unable to drop off items at a store during opening hours please do not leave any items outside. Items can get damaged when left outside leading to them being discarded as they are wet or dirty or sadly items can get taken away by passers-by.
Please call our Retail team on 0191 386 1170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may be able to arrange a collection from your home.