We understand that some people may worry about coming to St Cuthbert’s Hospice for the first time and are unsure of what to expect.
We want to reassure you that the Hospice is a bright and beautiful place, and full of life. People are often surprised to find us nestled on the edge of a small housing estate, but as you travel up the long driveway, you’ll soon see the acres of beautiful gardens that surround the building and the peaceful countryside views that stretch behind.
We’re not just a building though. We’re often told that it is the people who make St Cuthbert’s special. Everyone who comes to St Cuthbert’s Hospice is met with a warm smile from our staff and volunteers.
There was always a cuddle, a cup of tea and words of kindness. Nothing was ever too much trouble as you all helped us along our emotional journey.
Take a look around
At St Cuthbert’s Hospice...
- We are rooted in our local community and see life and death as a journey to be made in the company of others.
- We care for people with any life-limiting illness including motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis, dementia, respiratory and heart disease and also cancer.
- The person – not their illness – is the focus of our care.
- We support families, friends and carers, as well as the person with the illness.
- We care for adults of all ages from 18 years and over. Our Jigsaw Project supports children and young people who have experienced a bereavement.
- End of life care is only a small part of what we do. Almost half of In-Patients come to the Hospice for pain relief or symptom control and then they return home.
- We laugh with, listen to, comfort, care for and help make special memories for thousands of individuals and families each year.
- We welcome people of all faiths, or none.
If you would like to chat to us about coming for a tour and having a look around please contact us on 0191 386 1170 or email email@example.com