At St Cuthbert’s Hospice, we’re regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who graded us Outstanding at our last inspection– the highest possible classification.
We were the first Hospice in the UK to receive this grading and are thrilled that our expert care has been recognised as such.
One of the ways we can ensure that we keep our standards high is to ask you to tell us when we get it right and when we get it wrong. If you, your family, friends and carers have any comments, suggestions or complaints, please tell us. It is important that we receive your feedback.
- ‘Covid Heroes’ 2020, Newcastle Chronicle
- ‘Best Dressed Window Winner’ 2019, Chester-le-Street Shop, Durham in Bloom Awards
- ‘Volunteer Gardener of the Year 2019’ Martin Winn, Hospice UK Awards
- Best Dementia Team 2019, Dementia Care Awards
- Human Resources Team 2016, Charity Times Awards
- ‘Improving Impact’ 2016, Charity Governance Awards
- ‘Employer of the Year 2016’ Durham Business Group