Our Human Resources team at St Cuthbert’s Hospice have been recognised with a national award presented at a glittering ceremony on 28th September, held at The Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge, London. The Charity Times Awards are now in their 17th year and aim to honour outstanding professionals in the many varied fields of charity management.
The awards are a crucial fixture in the charity sector event calendar and each year their objectives are:
- To honour the outstanding professionals in the many and varied fields of charity management
- To recognise, celebrate, and promote best practice
- To support continuing professional development
- Contribute towards raising the standards of charity management
- To promote and raise the profile of the charity sector
- To provide recognition for those who are providing effective support to the sector.
We are very proud and honoured to have been part of an event which recognises and supports these important areas of focus. Our Chief Executive Paul Marriott attended the awards with Volunteer Coordinator Jude Smith and Head of Human Resources Karen Grigg. Karen said: “We were thrilled to be nominated for this award and to actually win was a great surprise. We credit ourselves in delivering a first class service to our staff and volunteers, we are always looking for opportunities to improve. We couldn’t do what we do without everyone’s support, all credit to the staff at St Cuthbert’s Hospice!”